I have two very ripe banana so I goggle for banana cake recipe. There are so many recipes but I decided to try this recipe from thelittleteochew blog. It is unique as it added rum. I used two banana instead of four in the recipe.
It is very sweet and yummy.
Banana Rum Cake (adapted from thelittleteochew blog)
90g canola or sunflower oil
70g castor sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
125g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
4 medium-sized bananas, mashed with a fork (I used 2)
25g evaporated milk or regular milk
¼ tsp vanilla extract (I used 1 tsp rum)
- Beat egg and sugar till light and creamy.
- Add milk, mashed bananas, oil and rum, and combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda, and give a quick whisk. Fold in flour into the wet ingredients until no traces of flour remain. Do not over-mix. Stop the moment everything is incorporated.
- Pour into a lined 6-inch round tray.
- Bake at 160ºc for about 40mins, or until cooked.