Green Tea and White Chocolate Cake (adapted from Cakes and Loaves IIona Chovancova)
75g white chocolate
75g ground almonds
3 tsp green tea
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180•c
2. Butter and flour a cake pan
3. Melt the butter in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and set aside. Melt the white chocolate separately and set aside.
4. Beat together the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light, fluffy, and doubled in volume. Gradually add the flour, ground almonds, melted butter, and salt. Gently fold in the baking powder and baking soda.
5. Divide the batter into two equal portions. Fold the green tea into one portion, and fold the white chocolate into the other.
6. Transfer to the prepared pan, pouring in the batters alternately. Use a fork to swirl the batters for a marbled effect. Bake for about 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan slightly before turning out.