Butter cookies (adapted from Cuisine Paradise blog)
>Ingredients: (around 30 cookies depending on the size)
125g Butter, softened at room temperature
1/4 Cup Icing Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Egg, at room temperature
1 1/4 Cups Top Flour
1/4 Cup Cornflour
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy.
2. Add egg, beat until well combined.
3. Sift flour and cornflour over butter mixture.
4. Mix well and divide the dough into half, press each half into a disc then wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 160 degree and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
6. Roll each disc out between 2 sheets of baking paper to about 3mm thick.
7. Using cookie cutter, cut out the desire shapes and place onto the trays.
8. Roll leftover dough together and repeat, baked the cookies for 15 – 20 minutes until light golden.
9. Stand on trays for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
a) Dip cookie cutters into flour in between cutting each cookie to prevent dough from sticking.