Bought this packet of sponge cake mix from Daiso. It is very yummy.
1 packet sponge cake mix (180g)
3 tbsp (45ml) water
1tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Separate egg yolks from whites
and bring to room temperature.
3. Beat water, egg yolks & cake mix in
a mixing bowl for 2 minutes.
4. Add vanilla essence.
5. Use a clean beater to
beat whites till smooth & creamy.
6. Add sugar and continue beating till
7. Use a rubber spatula to divide egg white and sugar mixture into 3 parts, add cake batter and mix.
8. Pour into lined and greased cake tin and tap tin lightly on table top to remove bubbles from bottom
9. Bake at 170 C for 30-40 minutes.
10. Stick a bamboo skewer in the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
11. Peel off baking paper and allow cake to cool on a rack.