Kueh Lapis(Adapted from Fatmumbaking)
300g condensed milk
3 tsp Rum flavour
150g plain flour
1 tsp Gingerbread spice (I used kueh lapis spice)
20 egg yolks
2 tsp SP
10 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Preheat oven to 200c. Placed a 9 inches square tin before greasing and lining paper (paper lining only applicable to the bottom of tin) and warm up the tin.
1) Cream butter, condensed milk and rum flavour at medium speed for abt 5 mins until creamy. Add in the flour and ginger spice. Mix well and set aside.
2) Whisk egg yolks, sugar and SP at max speed until thick and add in (1) * Fold 1/3 of egg yolk batters into (1). Ensure they are well cooperate with (1) before adding another 1/3.
3) Whisk egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar at max speed until stiff
4) Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into (2) and continue the process of folding the rest of whites.
5) Remove hot tin from oven and lay paper at the bottom of tin. Spread a small amt of batter into tin
6) Using a 9 inches tin, pour 130g of batter at every layer. You will need to weigh the batter to ensure every layer is even.
7) For first layer baked the first layer for about 7 mins till golden brown.
8) Adjust the temp to 240c to bake the subsequent layers. Each layer took about 4 mins to bake and 8 mins for the last layer.