Ingredient (adapted from Joy of Baking)
113g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
180 ml milk (whole or reduced fat)
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
260g all-purpose flour
135g granulated white sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
240 ml chocolate chips (semi sweet, bittersweet, milk, or white chocolate chips)
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 190 degree c.
2. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
3. In another large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon fold the wet ingredients, along with the melted butter, into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are moistened and combined. (Do not over mix or you will have tough muffins.)
4. Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients and then sprinkle a little topping on each muffin.
5. Place in the oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
Can be covered and stored at room temperature for a few days or they can be frozen.