Ingredient(Adapted from Joy of Baking)
1 cup (2 sticks) (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
3/4 cup (160 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups (295 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (270 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) with rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition.
5. Add the vanilla and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
6. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until incorporated, adding the chocolate chips about half way through mixing. If you find the dough very soft, cover and refrigerate until firm (from 30 minutes to two hours).
7. Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough (35 grams) onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake about 10 – 14 minutes , or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely on wire rack.