Thank you SSB of Small Small Baker for hosting Aspiring Bakers #19: Dim Sum Affairs (May 2012)
Chee Cheong Fun
Ingredients (Adapted from Jens kitchen)
160g rice flour
2 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp wheat starch
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
1 cup water
4-5 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp oyster sauce
Method: (Adapted from this video Cantonese Kitchen)
1. Mix rice flour, tapioca flour, wheat starch, water and salt. Strain and add oil.
2. Prepare steamer. Brush a little oil on the aluminum tart pans.
3. Pour 1 scoop of batter. Steam with high heat for 3-5 min until cooked.
4. Remove aluminum tart pan from steamer and let it cool down. ( I put the aluminum tart pan in a bigger plate full of cold water to cool it)
5. Remove the cooked batter using a scraper and roll up as chee cheong fun.
6. For gravy sauce, put all the ingredients in a pot and bring it to boil.
7. Place chee cheong fun on serving plate and pour some gravy on top.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #19: Dim Sum Affairs (May 2012) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker