Thank you Food Playground for hosting the Aspiring Bakers #20 – Aisan Dessert Buffet! (June 2012)
½ cup of sugar
½ cup of water
200ml coconut milk
9 pieces of water chestnut
Few drop of red colouring
½ cup of tapioca flour
Water to boil chestnut
- Boil ½ cup of water together with sugar and stir until the sugar dissolve, set aside and chill in the fridge.
- Boil the coconut milk using small fire, set aside and chill in the fridge.
- Peel and slice each chestnut into small pieces. Mix the red coloring with the water chestnuts and stir until each piece is evenly coat in red.
- Pour tapioca flour into a bowl, add in the water chestnuts and mix it till each piece is cover with flour.
- Pour the water chestnuts into a sieve and sieve away the excess flour.
- Boil a pot of water. Put the flour coated water chestnut into the boiling water until the water chestnuts float to the surface and the flour coating is cooked.
- Scope the water chestnuts from the pot.
- Mix the water chestnuts together with the sugar syrup and coconut milk in a large bowl and serve.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #20 – Aisan Dessert Buffet! (June 2012) hosted by Food Playground