Tried out this cookie recipe which is a lot of bloggers favourite.
Ingredients (adapted from trilogyedibles)
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1. Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and chill for dough for at least one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree.
5. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Places cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 6 to 8 mins in preheated oven. Cool completely.
My cookies are over baked but it is crunchy and tasty.