Time flies, today is the end of year 2012. Have been very busy since my last post in November. Today I finally “squeeze” out some time to bake my favourite recipe from Richard Goh’s stage 5 class:
Yogurt Cheese Cake
250g cream cheese
125g plain yogurt
100g soft butter
(Opt) 1 tsp lemon or orange essence or 1 tbsp of lemon juice
30g plain flour
80g corn flour
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven 150 degree
2. Line the side and bottom of a deep 9 inches round or square baking tin with parchment paper
3. Using a saucepan and a balloon whisk to stir, boil ingredients A until melt. (Cheese mixture)
4. Add ingredient B – egg yolks to cheese mixture and mix well. Then add ingredient B – sifted plain flour and corn flour to cheese mixture and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the ingredients C until stiff peak.
6. Combine cheese mixture with step 5
7. Pour batter into baking tin and place over a tray of hot water to steam bake for 1 hour on the lowest rack.
8. Once ready let it rest in the baking tin for 5 mins before removing it. Let it cool completely.
9. Refrigerate several hours preferably overnight.